As per student request, we will be having a BBQ hotdog lunch tomorrow. Thanks so much to Mrs. Palmer for bringing her BBQ and letting us use it! I will supply the hotdogs and buns, and hope that some families will be willing to donate some additional food items to round out the meal. If you are able to contribute, please fill in this Google Doc so that I have a better idea of what supplies I have to purchase. Thanks so much for helping make this a special day!
It’s hard to believe that the last week of school has arrived! It will be a busy week, and I just wanted to keep you up to date on some of the events we’ve planned. Students brainstormed some of their favourite activities to fit into our last few days. Due to the weather forecast, some have been rearranged from our discussion on Friday.
Am: Finish Year end Scrapbooks
11 am: Wagner Natural Area Donation Presentation (Congratulations to our students for raising a total of $317.70 through their Art Show!)
Pm: Arts and Crafts
Am: Pond at Jubilee Park. Please ensure your child is dressed and prepared for the warm weather (hats, sunscreen, water bottles, bug spray) and have running shoes on as we will be walking lots. Rubber boots will also come in handy!
11-12: Talent Show (Congratulations to all those who tried out, and Avery, Devi, Shyann, Hannah and Jubilee who will be performing!)
Pm: Games at Jubilee Park
Pajamas & Stuffies/Comfy Clothes Day
Pm: Fort building, Movie/Board games Students are welcome to bring card and board games from home to play
Last day of school!
It is a very busy time of year, and we have lots going on! Just a few reminders:
- Our students loved our field trip to the Wagner Natural Area, and were excited to learn that there will be free guided tours on Sunday, June 18, focusing on the plant life. It’s the right time of year to spot those rare yellow lady slippers! For more information check the website.
- Our Art Show to support the Wagner Natural Area Society continues tonight. We raised over $100 on Wednesday, and students were thrilled to have the work on display, and with the many positive comments that were made. Come check it out from 6-8 pm tonight.
- We are holding our BYOD presentation tonight in the Collaboration Centre beginning at 6:30 pm. Some of our students and projects this year will be highlighted in the presentation and we would love to have you join us.
- Ask your child about our Painted Lady caterpillars, who are currently undergoing their metamorphosis as bug soup! We were excited to learn that there will be a Painted Lady Butterfly migration in Alberta this year, which only occurs every 10-15 years. Keep your eyes open this July! For more information, check this link.
Have a great day!
Come and Celebrate & Learn with Us!
Who: Students Grades 1-8 & and Parents who want to join
What & When: Thursday, June 15th 11:30am – 1:45pm
– Picnic (bring your own) outside in the back field with Prescott student leaders leading First Nation traditional games
– Prescott Learning Centre Fundraising Foundation concession stand available. (Freezies, Popcorn, Juice)
– First Nations Dancer from Stony Plain Central School
It has been brought to our attention that we have students in our building that are highly sensitive to scents. To maintain an inclusive learning environment that is comfortable for all, we are asking that ALL SPRAY cologne, perfume and deodorant be applied at home and not at school. If students need to reapply deodorant after PE or during the day, they will need to use the non-spray type.
We appreciate your support in ensuring a safe, caring and inclusive learning environment for all to learn!
The Grade 3 students are holding an original Art Show to benefit our local Wagner Natural Area. Art pieces sold by donation will go to support the Wagner Natural Area Society.
The art show will be held at Prescott Learning Centre on the evenings of:
- Wednesday, June 14th from 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm during the performance of Alice in Wonderland
- Thursday, June 15th from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm during the BYOD information session
Any students who can be at the school during these times to act as hosts are welcome. We understand June is a busy month with many commitments, and appreciate that not all can attend.
This project covers a wide variety of curricular outcomes
- Health (Volunteerism)
- Social (Global citizenship)
- Math (Money, addition/subtraction/multiplication)
- Science (Animal life cycles)
- Language Arts (Present and share)
Some students have expressed a want to sell a variety of other items such as cards and candy and we ask that they bring these items in from home on the day of. These are not required as all classes will be creating art pieces, however anything extra brought in for donation will be of benefit to the Wagner Natural Area Society.
Grade 3 Team