Below is the information for session 1 for you to be able to review, and go over today. At the end is a little assignment for your “blog post” between now and the next session.
1. Opening video:
2. Introductions and overview – The Horizon Report is a great yet detailed read of some of the work that we will be doing over the next 6 months. Here are some of the key points that we will be working on:
- Mobile Devices in the classroom
- Cloud Computing
- Personal Learning Networks
3. Using Evernote (Evernote for iPad video)
4. Adding a post to the Learning Leader Blog – As a member of the Learning Leader Project, it is important that we are sharing our learning with each other. We ask that you write one blog post in between each session to share some of the things that you are learning. This can be from any of your exploration, but it can also be from any articles that you find or I have provided you in this post. Below are some things to help you post to the Learning Leader project:
- Login to post.
- Writing, tagging and categorizing your post.
- Here is a full tutorial on using WordPress.
5. Twitter– We want to be able to share information, while also learning from others. Twitter is a great way to take control of your own professional development, which is available 24/7. Here are a few things that may help:
- The hashtag for Parkland School Division is #psd70. You can search related tweets for Parkland School Division here.
- The hashtag for the PSD70 Learning Leader Project is #psd70llp. Please use this hashtag to share your information or ask questions of myself or others during this project.
- You can follow other people in this project by clicking and following members from this list.
Between now and the next session, it would be great if you could share something new that you have learned onto the blog. This will create a great archive of the work we are doing over the next six months. It does not have to be anything long, this is just a start to help you become a more connected learner. Please tweet out your blog post and use the #psd70llp hashtag so others can see.
If you are unable to think of something to write, here are three articles that may spark some thoughts:
- Controlling your digital identity is as easy as 1-2-3 – Lisa Nielsen
- The Time Question – Shannon Smith
- Twitter Can Save You Time – Bill Ferriter
Please let me know if you have any questions!
Experiment, play, learn, connect, and have fun!