As this session will be done totally online, please comment on the bottom when you are done going through the material with either a general comment, or something specific to the content. Please feel free to ask questions or share your thoughts with others to spur on some conversation.
1. Joe’s Non-Netbook – This video is a great one for discussion with students and educators to show how ‘text’ may not have the same feel as an iPad or computer with the lack of interactivity. Check out this short, funny video done by students:
2. ShowMe – ShowMe is a great iPad app for creating video tutorials on different content, but you can also easily create presentations using pictures and upload them as videos to the web. These videos can be shared and embedded into different websites, but below is a tutorial on how to create a slideshow using this app:
Before you make a video, you may want to check out what content is already at the “ShowMe” community.
3. SoundCloud – SoundCloud is a great audio recording site that works not only from a computer, but also Apple Devices as well. This can be used for students reading books live and putting into a portfolio, recording lectures or talks, or making easy podcasts. There is simply a”record” button that will save your audio on your iPad, but be aware that this will be posted onto a website.
The nice thing about this, is that the content can be easily shared on Twitter, a blog, or Facebook. You can also record music or any type of audio file. Below is a SoundCloud tutorial on how to create a recording from a computer:
This short video will also show you how to easily embed a SoundCloud file into your blog.
Here are some questions for this session:
1. What are you thoughts on “Joe’s Non-Netbook”?
2. What are some ways you can use ShowMe in your classroom with either staff or students?
3. What are some ways could you use SoundCloud with either staff or students?
Thanks for your dedication to this project! Details for the next session will come out in May!