- In compliance with our Emergency Preparedness guidelines, we had our first Lock Down drill today – it went really well – thank you to all of our staff and students for their co-operation as we continue with our drills throughout the school year
- Mustang Kick Off BBQ & Meet the Staff – all families are invited to attend. The hot dogs will be available for purchase and rolling off the grill at 5 pm until 6:30 at which time you can meet your child’s teacher in the classroom. The local talents of “My Dog Sam” will be here to entertain you in the Muir Lake Hall from 5 till 7
- Mustang Spirit Wear sales will kick off at the BBQ – if you would like to order any of it watch for the blog post coming out
- Terry Fox Run Day will be on Friday September 16th – all students will participate by walking outside. Students will have brought home pledge forms last week – please be sure to send them back in to the office.
- And on the subject of running . . . . Our Cross Country Running club has begun for our Kindergarten to grade 6 students – click HERE for more information
- Our grade 7 to 9 students will be participating in our Annual Miette/Sulfur Mountain Hike – the Permission Form went home with the students in the first few days of school. Please note that it is considered a regular day of school and if they are not in attendance a phone call or an email to the school office excusing their absence is required
- MLCSFoundation fundraising information will be coming home with the students
- Lunch Program information went home with our students as well – be sure to check the tab at the top of our school Blog Page for more information about the ordering process
- Lifetouch Photographers will be here on Wednesday October 12th and Thursday October 13th to take photos of our students. NEW THIS YEAR: if you are one of our most valued school volunteers we are asking that you have a volunteer tag – so come on in on Wednesday October 12th and have your volunteer photo taken for your tag – it’s free
- Parent/Teacher Interviews will be taking place the week of October 3rd – please watch for a blog post closer to the date with information on how to book your appointment time
- Scholastic Book Fair is coming to MLS – this will take place the first week of October – the same time as the Parent/Teacher interviews – watch the blog for more information
Our Mustangs News will be coming out shortly – so be sure to watch for that. Also be sure to check our School Calendar on this blog for what’s happening at the school – whether it’s field trips or sports try-outs or practices – it is sure to be there.
Questions? Feel free to drop us an email to email@example.com , call us at 780-963-3535, or drop in to the office and see our new renovations. Thank you and have a great year!