Parkland School Division is proud to present another FREE information session for caregivers. Our October session will help parents bond with their children, customizing several general strategies to help them feel confident in their parenting abilities and capable of creating a cohesive family unit.
Strong Families Series: Empowered Parenting
Date: Tuesday, October 17
Location: Parkland School Division Centre For Education – Board Room (4603 48th Street, Stony Plain)
Parenting is hard work: sometimes no matter how hard we try, it can still be a struggle. Though every child is different, universal principles exist that can still help many parents feel empowered and able to work collaboratively with their children to create family cohesion, no matter their unique situation.
This introductory learning workshop provides an overview of these principles, and will help parents:
- Enhance the parent-child relationship
- Develop simple and meaningful emotional language accompanied with visuals that both parents and children can use to express and understand their emotions
- Learn practical strategies for both children and parents that will enable them to manage their emotions and avoid potential meltdowns
- Practice simplified reinforcement strategies to promote positive behavior proactively
- Take home tangible resources to use with their children
Join us for an in-depth discussion of these topics and more.
A light supper will be provided. Limited childcare is available. Please register early to reserve your spot.
To register, please contact: