Each student should have brought home a Spell-A-Thon package which includes the list of words, chosen by their teacher, and a pledge form. Each student will then practice their word list and go out and collect pledges for the spell-a-thon. They may collect money for each word that they spell correctly or may collect a flat amount. For example, a person might pledge 25 cents per correct word spelled or they might choose a flat amount like $10.00.
We encourage students to limit their sponsors to family, friends, neighbors, and those known to their family.
The time-line is as follows:
April 15th Student Spell-a-thon packages given out – students can begin gathering pledges
April 23 – 26 Spelling tests given – teachers choose date & time to administer the tests to their classes, mark the tests
April 29 Tests will be handed back to the students to collect money.
May 6 Money and pledge forms due – money will be counted and prizes tabulated.
The final total and all grand prize winners will be announced and prizes will be distributed to students.
We are excited to change to format for the prizes this year. The more money you raise the more prizes you will collect.
- If the student raises $ 1 to $19.99 the student will receive Prize A
- If the student raises $20 to $49.99 the student will receive Prize A + Prize B
- If the student raises $50 to $99.99 the student will receive Prize A + Prize B + Prize C
- If the student raises $100 and over the student will receive Prize A + Prize B + Prize C + Prize D
This year the prize levels will be as follows:
- Level 1 Prize (A) $1 – $19.99 raised will earn a PRIZE
- Level 2 Prize (B) $20 – $49.99 raised will earn a ball
- Level 3 Prize (C) $50 – $99.99 raised will earn your choice of Beanie Boo or Lego set
- Level 4 Prize (D) $100 and over raised will earn a child’s movie pass
Top prizes include 3 family adventures!
The top fundraiser for the school will win one of these prizes.
In addition, there will be 2 draws for the remaining students who have raised more than $100; 1 for Kindergarten to Grade 2 students and 1 for grade 3-6 students
- Every student who raises $100-$150 will receive one entry into the draw
- Every student who raises $151-$200 will receive two entries into the draw
- Every student who raises over $200 will receive three entries into the draw
***Top fundraiser is not eligible to enter the draw for the second top prize****
If you have questions please contact the School Foundation via email at Muirlakefoundation@gmail.com.
Good luck and Thank You for supporting our Fundraiser!
Muir Lake Community School Foundation