Hot Lunch Program
Due to lack of volunteers for the lunch program, there are some major changes that needed to be made to the number of days that lunch will be offered to the students. Our M/W kindergarten class along with our grades 1, 3, 5, 7 & 9 students will have the opportunity to order for Wednesdays and then our T/Th kindergarten class and the grades 2, 4, 6, & 8 students will be able to order for Thursdays. Then on Fridays all of the grades 1 to 9 students will be able to order a specialty soup.
- Runs from November to April
- K, 1, 3, 5, 7, & 9 on Wednesdays
- K, 2, 4, 6, & 8 on Thursdays
- Gr 1 – 9 SOUP on Fridays
Fundraising Lunch Program
• Runs on from September to June
• Subway, Dairy Queen, Boston Pizza, Taco Time and EDO Japan provide fundraising lunches on Mondays from November to April and various other days in October and June.
• Lunches are served at 11:55 a.m. If you have a scheduling conflict, please do not order lunch on that day
• Lunches cannot be saved for health reasons but you can arrange to have a sibling pick up a lunch or call the kitchen volunteers on that day
• Unfortunately, we are not able to make considerations for children with allergies or special orders. If your child has allergies, we recommend that he/she does not participate in the lunch program
• Lunches will NOT be served on snow days
• Credit will not be issued for snow days, class field trips, or missed lunches
Orders can only be processed through our on-line system!
At the beginning of every month you will be able to go on-line and order for the next month (Ex. You order in September for the menus that are served in October). Each month has an “order by” deadline and these are listed on the welcome page of the https://muirlakeschool.hotlunches.net program as well as below.
Here’s how to get started . . .
- Go to https://muirlakeschool.hotlunches.net
- Click on “Click here to register”
- Enter access code <MLHL>
- Complete the rest of the registration form. Including your email address will ensure you receive reminder emails about your child’s lunch order for the upcoming week
- Click the “Register Now” button at the bottom
- Follow the instructions to add each child in your family who attends Muir Lake School
- Once your child(ren) are registered, click on “orders”
- Proceed to order lunch for your child(ren)
Once you have registered you are good for the school year and will not need to register again this year, however you DO need to re-register each year. Click HERE for a PDF copy of the instructions.
We accept payments through PayPal linked with the on-line program. Cash and cheque are also accepted, simply print off a “remittance form” and send it in with payment to the school. Cheques must be made out to MLCSF (Muir Lake Community School Foundation). No access to a printer? Order on-line then write down the following & submit with your payment to the school office.
- parent name
- phone number
- student’s name
- grade & teacher
- $ amount owing
**Please note: Should you experience any issues with your PayPal account, you must contact PayPal directly. Any issues dealing with Fundraising Lunch contact Jennifer 780-983-1316 firstname.lastname@example.org or for Hot Lunch contact Dawn Willoughby at 780-910-4765 or email@example.com
Lunch Order Due Dates:
- October Menus are due Sept 18
- November Menus are due Oct 16
- December Menus are due Nov 20
- January Menus are due Dec 18
- February Menus are due Jan 22
- March Menus are due Feb 19
- April Menus are due Mar 16
- May Menus are due Apr 13
- June Menus are due May 11