Our Muir Lake School Community Foundation has kicked off the annual school Spell-A-Thon. All spell-a-thon money raised this year will be put toward the purchase & installation of new hydraulic basketball hoops. The school uses them all year by all classes and they need to be replaced. Approximately $34,000 will be needed for this project.
Each student from kindergarten to grade 6 will be bringing home a list of words, chosen by their teacher, and a pledge form. They will then practice their word list and go out and collect pledges from family and friends for the spell-a-thon. They may collect money for each word that they spell correctly or may collect a flat amount. The information letter, word lists & pledge form is also available by clicking HERE.
Tests will be administered by the teachers the week of April 3 to 10 and pledge forms and money will then be collected by the students and are due in to the office by April 21st. The final totals and all grand prize winners will be announced and handed out at an assembly on April 27. Other prizes will be distributed to students in their classrooms.
This year the prize levels will be as follows:
- Level 1 Prize: $1 – $19.99 raised will earn PRIZE!
- Level 2 Prize: $20-$49.99 raised will earn swimming pass!
- Level 3 Prize: $50-$99.99 raised will earn a prize!
- Level 4 Prize: $100 and over raised will earn a child’s movie pass!
Top prizes include 3 family adventures!
- The top fundraiser for the school will win one of these prizes.
- In addition, there will be 2 draws for the remaining students who have raised more than $100:
- 1 for Kindergarten to Grade 3 students and 1 for grade 3-6 students:
- Every student who raises $100-$150 will receive one entry into the draw
- Every student who raises $151-$200 will receive two entries into the draw
- Every student who raises over $200 will receive three entries into the draw
***Top fundraiser is not eligible to enter the draw for the second top prize****
The top 2 fundraising classes will receive a treat for the class.
As the Muir Lake Community School Foundation is a registered charity, tax receipts can be issued for a donation over $20 so please be sure to include your email address on the pledge form in order to receive your tax receipt.
If you have questions please contact the School Foundation via email at Muirlakefoundation@gmail.com.
Good luck and Thank You for supporting our Fundraiser!
Muir Lake Community School Foundation