We are excited to be continuing with the grade 4 through 9 1-to-1 Technology Learning Initiative. This initiative is to have our students learning with access to their own electronic device (chromebook, laptop, etc.) both in the classroom and at home. We have now completed our second year of the program and continue to receive positive feedback. Both staff and students involved in the initiative have reported a great impact on learning.
- increased student engagement and motivation
- improved organization and academic achievement
- increased creativity, innovation and opportunity for student choice
- increased collaboration and communication among students, staff, and parents
- improved digital literacy and digital citizenship skills
- improved preparation for students future
This 1-to-1 technology program is a bring your own device (BYOD) initiative. We are encouraging students to bring a laptop they already own or purchase a laptop to use in the classroom. If you are looking for more direction and information about the program or some guidance on what to purchase please visit bit.ly/mls1to1. Here you will find links to additional information and resources such as our 1:1 Technology Initiative Frequently Asked Questions.
We will be offering two parent information sessions where we will be sharing the initiative in greater detail. The information sessions cover:
- why this is important and how it impacts student learning
- our journey to implementation
- student, staff, and parent feedback from current participants in the initiative
- details of the program and opportunity for question & answers
The BYOD 1-to-1 information sessions are scheduled for Wednesday May 28th from 6:00 to 7:30 and on Thursday May 29th from 3:30 to 5 pm. All parents are welcome, but it is especially important for parents of students entering into grade 4 next school year and any parents of new students to attend. Please take 1 minute to provide feedback by visiting bit.ly/BYODInfoSession to help us plan for these sessions.
We are very excited for the learning opportunities and possibilities this initiative is providing for our students. We value your input and appreciate your partnership with us to continue to work together to create powerful learning environments for our students. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s teacher or school administration.
Please indicate when and if you will be attending!
This is especially important for:
Grade 3 parents
Parents of new students
Click the link or fill out the form below