Due to lack of volunteers with the hot lunch program, there are some changes that needed to be made to the number of days that lunch will be offered to the students.
- Our Monday/Wednesday kindergarten class along with our grades 1, 3, 5, 7 & 9 students will have the opportunity to order for Wednesdays
- The Tuesday/Thursday kindergarten class and the grades 2, 4, 6, & 8 students will be able to order for Thursdays
- Then on Fridays all of the grades 1 to 9 students will be able to order a specialty soup
As this is a significant change from previous years, please ensure that your children have lunches on the other days and that your calendars are marked accordingly.
Also . . . for the month of October . . . there was a timing issue of when lunches were ordered vs. when the schedule for Play Parkland went out – if you ordered Fundraising Lunch for your grade 3, 4, 5, or 6 student for any of the Mondays in October, and they are scheduled to attend Play Parkland that day they will NOT receive their lunch in time before they leave on the bus. Please be sure to send a lunch for them that day as we are governed by Alberta Food Handling Guidelines and are not allowed to keep food for later delivery.
- Monday, October 16 – Grade 3 & 4 to Play Parkland
- Monday, October 23 – Grade 5 & 6 to Play Parkland
- Monday, October 30 – Grade 3 & 4 to Play Parkland
We apologize for the mix up and thank you in advance for your co-operation with this matter.