Halloween is just around the corner, its almost time to choose the perfect pumpkin and create a jack-o-lantern!
I used Google Drawings to create these pumpkins.
- I made an oval then filled it with orange, I then made 4 or 5 copies.
- I arranged them in the pumpkin shape and created a cylinder which I filled with green and placed on the top like a stem.
- I then created the face by making smaller shapes and filling them with black or yellow.
- I created details like leaves, eyebrows and eye lashes with the line option in the toolbar.
I challenge to create some silly or scary pumpkins.
“Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree”
For the rest of the week, our students will be relocated to Seba Beach School while firefighters work tirelessly to get the flames under control. Many residents in the area have been evacuated and those that are at home are finding the air around their homes smoky, dark and smelly!
A grass fire started yesterday near our school. Many homes were evacuated yesterday. People were told they could return to their homes last night and as of yet no homes have been damaged. The fire is still burning and there is lots of smoke hanging in the air. The inside of the school is very smokey. When we got to school, we were told that we were being evacuated to Wabamun School, about 15 minutes down the highway to the west. All of the bus-students stayed on their buses and other students were loaded onto random buses. Once all students were accounted for we traveled to Wabamun. The school was very welcoming and our classes were split up around the school. Our class worked on some blog posts this morning, telling stories about the evacuation. I think later today we will walk down to the water front and enjoy the lovely weather. What an adventure!
The grade 2 class has been working on, not only creating interesting blog posts but leaving great comments on the blogs of others. Below you will find a list of items to consider before posting a comment on someone’s blog.
- Compliment the writer in a positive and specific way.
- Add new information (look at other comments to make sure you are not repeating what someone else has commented).
- Make a connection (share information about a similar experience you have had).
- End with a question.
- Proof read you post for spelling, capitalization and spelling.
- Always check with an adult before posting!
We have a set of over 30 Cubelets, cubes that connect together in different ways to build robots that roll, spin, light up and make noise as well as react to motion, temperature and light. So cool!