Duffield School is helping out a local shelter by participating in a fundraiser called “Happy Socks for the Bissell Centre”. The Bissell Centre is located in Edmonton, it is a facility that helps to empower people from poverty to prosperity.
*A local group, called the Three Chicks is organizing this fundraiser.
We will be collecting sets of socks, in the front foyer of the school, until Dec. 4th.
Build a set of “Happy Socks”
- Take a pair of new warm socks, roll one sock up and stuff into the toe of the other sock. Once filled, a colorful ribbon can be tied around the top.
- Then stuff the sock full of useful items such as:
- toothbrush, toothpaste, floss
- comb, shampoo, conditioner
- soap, washcloth, deodorant
- gum, mints, hard candies
- toques, gloves, gift cards
- ladies set might include nail polish, hair ties, bobby pins, feminine products
- Sadly, there are homeless children as well (although the focus of this campaign is on adult socks)
- a child’s set might include small toys and child size socks