We learned that Parkland School Division even has an Administrative Procedure already drawn up just for naming schools. We’re excited about our new contest and would like everyone to learn how they can participate when it comes to naming of the first of two new Kindergarten to Grade 9 schools in Spruce Grove.
We want to hear from our entire community. Parkland School Division wants to find a name for our first of two new Kindergarten to Grade 9 schools opening in Spruce Grove. You can help us out and win! As outlined in our Division’s Administrative Procedure 540 , we’d like to involve as many members of the community as we can when it comes to the name of our new school opening in the Prescott subdivision of Spruce Grove in the fall of 2016.
Let us know on Twitter @psd_70 with the hashtag #psdnewschool or submit with a comment on our Facebook page. If you’re not connected on social media, send us your contest entry via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more on the new school here.
According to the administrative procedure, the following criteria shall be considered in the selection of recommended name(s):
- The name (current or historical) of the community in which the school is located.
- The name of the street on which the school is located.
- The name of a significant historical figure, event or place; either local, provincial, national or international.
- The program focus of the school, particularly in the case of a specialized or alternative school.
- Another option acceptable to the ad hoc School Naming Committee.
- The recommended name(s) shall not be that of a current Board member or employee, and shall not duplicate or partially use the name of other facilities within the Division’s jurisdiction.
- Don’t forget to include your contact information and a brief explanation on your name choice.
You Could Win!
The Parkland School Division School Naming Committee will be choosing which name to present to the entire Board of Trustees for consideration at an upcoming Regular Board meeting. Should there be multiple submissions of the same final selection, we’ll be taking all those submissions and making a random draw for a grand prize of an Apple iPad Air2. (estimated value of $529).
The deadline for submissions is Friday, May 8, 2015.