Stony Plain Public Library, in partnership with Muir Lake School, is providing FREE public library cards to students. Fill out the application form here. You can either bring the completed form into the school office or hand it in to the library.
ALL Grade 1 to 9 Parent/Teacher interviews are scheduled for Tuesday October 4th from 4 to 7 and Wednesday October 5th from 3 to 6. All parents are invited to book their appointment on our online booking system at https://muirlake.schoolappointments.com. Interviews for Kindergarten students will take place on November 22 & 23 – watch for more details coming soon.
You will NEED to re-create your login for your account.
Should you have questions, please feel free to contact the school at 780-963-3535 or email us at email@example.com
Please be sure to check out our September edition of the Mustangs News! We apologize for the delay – September kind of crept up on us and almost right past. 🙂
- Data Verification Form – this green double-sided sheet NEEDS to come back in to the school office by Friday September 23 with any changes and updates indicated on it. This serves as a confirmation of the information that we have in our computer system for you. It is for your child’s safety that we have this information updated each fall. Please take the time to go through it carefully, make the necessary changes, sign it, and send it in ASAP.
- PowerSchool Parent Portal Letter – this is a duplicate of the bright blue letter that was sent home with all of our students in June. This letter contains instructions of how to create your portal access and also includes your access id & password. If you have already gone in and created your account and set up your password then disregard this information. Your password will NOT change from what you have set it as and this access does NOT change from year to year.
- School Fees / Invoice – this is your outstanding fees for Muir Lake School. If you have already sent some of this outstanding amount in to the school, simply deduct this amount from your total, and either send in the balance by either cash or cheque made payable to Parkland School Division #70 (PSD#70) or you can now pay online with debit or credit card via the PowerSchool parent portal. These online instructions are also included in the parent portal info letter. These school fees are due in to the office by Friday September 30th.
Just a reminder that the deadline for ordering lunches for the month of October is very quickly approaching.
Go to the Lunch Program tab at the top of the MLS Blog and follow the instructions accordingly. You will need to RE-CREATE your user name and password for the lunch program.
Simply go to https://muirlakeschool.hotlunches.net and go from there.
Lunch Order Due Dates are as follows:
- October Menus are due Sept 18
- November Menus are due Oct 16
- December Menus are due Nov 20
- January Menus are due Dec 18
- February Menus are due Jan 22
- March Menus are due Feb 19
- April Menus are due Mar 19
- May Menus are due Apr 16
- June Menus are due May 14
Thank you for your continued support of our lunch program. And if you are interested in helping out please contact Jennifer at 780-983-1316 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Gerri-Lou at 780-266-0899.
- In compliance with our Emergency Preparedness guidelines, we had our first Lock Down drill today – it went really well – thank you to all of our staff and students for their co-operation as we continue with our drills throughout the school year
- Mustang Kick Off BBQ & Meet the Staff – all families are invited to attend. The hot dogs will be available for purchase and rolling off the grill at 5 pm until 6:30 at which time you can meet your child’s teacher in the classroom. The local talents of “My Dog Sam” will be here to entertain you in the Muir Lake Hall from 5 till 7
- Mustang Spirit Wear sales will kick off at the BBQ – if you would like to order any of it watch for the blog post coming out
- Terry Fox Run Day will be on Friday September 16th – all students will participate by walking outside. Students will have brought home pledge forms last week – please be sure to send them back in to the office.
- And on the subject of running . . . . Our Cross Country Running club has begun for our Kindergarten to grade 6 students – click HERE for more information
- Our grade 7 to 9 students will be participating in our Annual Miette/Sulfur Mountain Hike – the Permission Form went home with the students in the first few days of school. Please note that it is considered a regular day of school and if they are not in attendance a phone call or an email to the school office excusing their absence is required
- MLCSFoundation fundraising information will be coming home with the students
- Lunch Program information went home with our students as well – be sure to check the tab at the top of our school Blog Page for more information about the ordering process
- Lifetouch Photographers will be here on Wednesday October 12th and Thursday October 13th to take photos of our students. NEW THIS YEAR: if you are one of our most valued school volunteers we are asking that you have a volunteer tag – so come on in on Wednesday October 12th and have your volunteer photo taken for your tag – it’s free
- Parent/Teacher Interviews will be taking place the week of October 3rd – please watch for a blog post closer to the date with information on how to book your appointment time
- Scholastic Book Fair is coming to MLS – this will take place the first week of October – the same time as the Parent/Teacher interviews – watch the blog for more information
Our Mustangs News will be coming out shortly – so be sure to watch for that. Also be sure to check our School Calendar on this blog for what’s happening at the school – whether it’s field trips or sports try-outs or practices – it is sure to be there.
Questions? Feel free to drop us an email to email@example.com , call us at 780-963-3535, or drop in to the office and see our new renovations. Thank you and have a great year!
Dear Parents/ Guardians,
This year, Muir Lake School is offering optional French as a Second Language for grade 7-9 students. This is an all year class that does not interfere with CTF option time. French will be offered every day after reading time for a 30 minute time interval. Grade 7-8 students will be taught by Miss St. Amand and grade 9 students will be taught by Mrs. Arnold.
We strongly encourage our students to get involved and participate in a second language program. It offers many benefits for their future and will provide the opportunity for interesting and exciting field trips this year. Field trips will include going to The Creperie and even traveling for a week to Ontario and Quebec!
Please sign up by printing this blog post and returning it to Miss St. Amand or Mrs. Arnold by Tuesday September 6th, 2016. A copy of this letter has also gone home with students.
We are looking forward to an exciting year of French language learning!
Mary St. Amand and Kelly Arnold
Please fill out the following information :
Student Name: _____________________________ Homeroom Class: _________
I understand that this is an all year option and give consent to my child to enroll in the French as a Second Language program for the 2016- 2017 school year.
Parent/ Guardian Signature: _______________________________________
Grade 6 students will be divided into 3 groups by their teachers – group 1 will take art with Ms Wayken in term 1, group 2 students in term 2, and Ms Wayken will finally have group 3 students in term 3. The list of grade 6 groups is available HERE. The students will also be advised of what group they are in. The other students are asked to sign up online using the above links for their CTF course for each of the other semesters.
All grade 6 to 9 students are encouraged to review their course selections with their parents and then ensure that their selections entered online by the noon on Friday September 2nd as CTF classes begin on Tuesday.
Should you have any questions please feel free to call the school at 780-963-3535. Thank you for your prompt attention to this timely request.