Are you looking for an easy way to volunteer at Muir Lake School? If so, then we have the position for you! Join our Muir Lake School Council
What Does The Council Do?
- Advise the school administration
- We assess the needs of the community
- We undertake projects and activities in cooperation with the school administration
- Information gathering session for parents
- We develop and recommend school goals and objectives to reflect community needs
- We work with the Muir Lake Community League
When Do We Meet?
Over the past two years our meetings have alternated between evening (7pm) and daytime (12:30pm) hours in order to accommodate more parents. The meetings are always held on the second instructional Monday of each month during the school year (usually no meeting in December).
Positions Available on Council
Chairperson – chairs all meetings, works with the principal on matters related to council business and develops all council meeting agendas
Vice-Chairperson – in the absence of the chairperson, performs the duties of the Chairperson
Secretary – takes the minutes of all Council meetings and ensures that the written minutes are typed and are made available
Grade Representatives (K-9) – act as a liaison between the parents and the council
Should you or someone you know be interested in any of these positions please join us for our Annual General Meeting in the Library Learning Commons on Monday October 17, 2016 at 7pm. Please feel free to contact Josie Person at email@example.com or a member of the school administration should you have any questions.