Cross Country Running Club
When and Where?
- September 13: Hosted by Blueberry School at Chickakoo Lake
- September 20: Tomahawk School
- September 27: Woodhaven School
- October 4: Entwistle School
- October 18: Meridian Heights School
When Exactly? Races begin at 4 pm, starting with the youngest runners. Please arrive by 3:45 pm.
Parents of students in grades K-4 are required to accompany their child to their running location and they must stay and supervise their child in that location. This year, the cross country coaches are Mr.Opatril and Ms Garrison. Please find one of them as soon as you arrive at the race location. Your coaches will make sure you are signed in and have the correct name and race category label. Parents, you are welcome to leave after your child’s race, or feel free to stay and cheer on other Muir Lakers.
All registered Muir Lake Cross Country athletes need to attend all practices. Practices will be on Monday and Wednesday at lunch recess with Mr. Opatril and Ms Garrison.
Who? Any child from Grade K-9. Parents are responsible for all transportation.
What? Runners compete against children of the same gender and year of birth (eg. girls, 2005). The races are through trails or an established route through a schoolyard. It is considered to be an accomplishment just to finish the race; some medals and ribbons are given out to the fastest runners.
- Born 2009-2011 runners run 800 m,
- Born 2005-2008 runners run 1000 m
- Born 2004 and older runners run 2000 m.
Cost? $5.00 for each race registered. Fees cover costs of medals, ribbons etc.
Parents are asked to fill out the registration form online and submit payment ONLINE by September 10, 2018 to register for each race that your child(ren) would like to participate in.
To register for Cross Country Running this year you will need to log on to your PowerSchool Parent Portal and fill in the form accordingly.
- Select the “Student Fees” icon under the Navigation Screen at the left side of the page
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Cross Country Running icon
- When the form opens, fill it in accordingly and select the races that your child would like to participate in. Be sure to click “SUBMIT” in order to be registered. The fees will automatically be added to your child’s PowerSchool Account.
If you are registering multiple students, you will need to switch users by clicking into each child’s profile at the top of your screen to register each of them.
All students must have a permission form filled out in order to participate; please sign and return it to the school prior to the races.
For more information, please contact Ms. Garrison or Mr Opatril via email or at 780-963-3535.