Time flies when you are having fun! We can hardly believe we are in our final weeks of school, approximately 38 days of classes to go until the last exam is written. With so few days of classes remaining it is imperative that our students be in school. Please continue to make every effort to minimize absences.
As you can see by our calendar dates, we have a lot of things going on before school is out. We would like to thank all the volunteers that have been in the school this year. Without you many of the extra activities would not have run so smoothly. Without a doubt all of our volunteers play an essential role at Muir Lake School. On this note, our volunteer appreciation celebration is tentatively scheduled for May 25th. Be looking for your personal invitation soon!
Our junior and senior badminton teams’ season is underway. Congratulations to the Muir Lake team for their first place finish in the Muir Lake Badminton Tournament that was held at Broxton Park School on April 20th. Once again our athletes competed well and represented our school with pride. We wish the team luck in the County Tournament that will take place May 2 – 5. Thank-you to Mrs. Gadoury and Mr. Rowse for coaching and to the parents that were able to transport and rearrange schedules to fit this short season in.
Special thanks to Cheryl Williamson and Kelly Williamson for painting the beautiful “Leader in Me Mural” in our main entrance. Check it out!!
- Just a reminder for the parents of our grades 3, 6 and 9 students, that English Provincial Achievement Tests (PATs) will be written during the week of May 14 – 17, 2012. Please note that there are regular classes in the afternoon and students are expected to be here at school. All of the PAT dates have been put on our Muir Lake School Calendar.
- The grade 4, 5 and 6 track meet is scheduled for May11th. We invite you to come and join us on this day and cheer on our athletes. We wish all of our qualifying athletes good luck at the Division Track Meet on May 23rd followed by the grade 7-9 Zone Track Meet on May 25th. Good luck to everyone!
- The next School Council meeting will be on May 14th in the art room. All parents are welcome to attend. We hope to see you there.
- We have a Professional Development Day on May 18th … so enjoy the long weekend with your friends and families!
To view a full and printable version of the May Mustang News click here.
REMINDERS FROM THE OFFICE
- Students are not able to come to school before 7:30 am as the staff is not here before this time.
- Please let your child’s teacher and/or the office know if your child is going to be away from school or late in the morning.
- Anytime that your child is dropped off or picked up from school – regardless of the time – they must be signed in or out at the office.
- All visitors must check in at the office.
- When coming to pick up your child, please have the secretaries call their classroom and have them sent to the office to meet you.
- Volunteers – please sign in and out at the office.
- The 4 pm transfer buses are NOT intended for use by the Muir Lake School students. If your child is staying past the regular bus times, for whatever reason, arrangements must be made to either pick up your child or call transportation (780-963-8425) ahead of time to get permission for your child to ride the 4 pm bus.
When dropping off or picking up your child
Please do so in the Muir Lake Hall parking lot; this is a serious safety concern.
PAT Exam Schedule Continue reading