Check out this month’s Mustangs News!
Muir Lake School is proud to be hosting the Parkland School Division Grade 4 to 6 Track Meet this year.
Our School Council will be co-ordinating the concession for the many athletes that will be competing
Thursday June 4th
(Rain-Out date is Friday June 5th)
The concession will run from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
Volunteers Needed! Shifts available to work the concession as well as setup & cleanup!
Please contact Josie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Another year, another dominant performance by the Muir Lake Mustangs Track & Field team. Muir Lake broke 6 Zone records and are sending a remarkable 42 Mustangs to the County Track Meet this Friday, May 30th. Individual recognition goes to . . .
- Tyler Corbiere as he broke 3 records and won the Aggregate Award as the top Jr. Athlete
- Kirstin Park broke the 200m record
- Bryn Fisher broke the Triple Jump record
- and Cara Park, Tasha Bahr, Kirstin Park & Carrie Jespersen broke the Sr. Girls Relay record
WAY TO GO MUSTANGS!
Time flies when you are having fun! We can hardly believe we are in our final weeks of school, approximately 38 days of classes to go until the last exam is written. With so few days of classes remaining it is imperative that our students be in school. Please continue to make every effort to minimize absences.
As you can see by our calendar dates, we have a lot of things going on before school is out. We would like to thank all the volunteers that have been in the school this year. Without you many of the extra activities would not have run so smoothly. Without a doubt all of our volunteers play an essential role at Muir Lake School. On this note, our volunteer appreciation celebration is tentatively scheduled for May 25th. Be looking for your personal invitation soon!
Our junior and senior badminton teams’ season is underway. Congratulations to the Muir Lake team for their first place finish in the Muir Lake Badminton Tournament that was held at Broxton Park School on April 20th. Once again our athletes competed well and represented our school with pride. We wish the team luck in the County Tournament that will take place May 2 – 5. Thank-you to Mrs. Gadoury and Mr. Rowse for coaching and to the parents that were able to transport and rearrange schedules to fit this short season in.
Special thanks to Cheryl Williamson and Kelly Williamson for painting the beautiful “Leader in Me Mural” in our main entrance. Check it out!!
- Just a reminder for the parents of our grades 3, 6 and 9 students, that English Provincial Achievement Tests (PATs) will be written during the week of May 14 – 17, 2012. Please note that there are regular classes in the afternoon and students are expected to be here at school. All of the PAT dates have been put on our Muir Lake School Calendar.
- The grade 4, 5 and 6 track meet is scheduled for May11th. We invite you to come and join us on this day and cheer on our athletes. We wish all of our qualifying athletes good luck at the Division Track Meet on May 23rd followed by the grade 7-9 Zone Track Meet on May 25th. Good luck to everyone!
- The next School Council meeting will be on May 14th in the art room. All parents are welcome to attend. We hope to see you there.
- We have a Professional Development Day on May 18th … so enjoy the long weekend with your friends and families!